Electronic Cigarettes – Cutting through the Vaporscreen
E-cigarettes are a new addition to the field of tobacco products and there is still a lot to be learned about the effects of using them, or “vaping.” Jon O. Ebbert, MD, faculty at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, recently gave a presentation on “Electronic Cigarettes – Cutting through the Vaporscreen,” to primary care and internal medicine doctors during Medical Grand Rounds at the Mayo Clinic. To provide a primer on these new products, Dr. Ebbert’s presentation covers:
- The mechanics of e-cigarettes
- Current data around e-cigarette nicotine delivery
- The known health risks of e-cigarettes
- How smokers and non-smokers use e-cigarettes
- Evidence regarding the efficacy of e-cigarettes for smoking cessation
You can watch the full presentation here.