- Global Bridges, Buenos Aires Ministry of Health Present Tobacco Dependence Treatment Course
Global Bridges, Buenos Aires Ministry of Health Present Tobacco Dependence Treatment Course
Global Bridges and the Buenos Aires Ministry of Health partnered to offer a tobacco dependence treatment course March 13-14, 2012, in La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Participating in the course were 45 health care professionals, including physicians, psychologists and social workers, from 23 different hospitals.
- Gustavo Zabert, M.D., a pulmonologist, is the Global Bridges regional director for Latin America and holds a leadership position in the Latin American Thoracic Society.
- Eduardo Valeff, M.D., a cardiologist, is coordinator of the Smoke-Free Health (Salud sin Humo) program of the Buenos Aires Ministry of Health.
- Susana Nahabedian, M.D., a pneumonologist, works with tuberculosis patients and tobacco-dependent patients at the Hospital Evita de Lanus in Argentina. She is also secretary of Unión Antitabáquica Argentina (UATA) and vice president of Sociedad de Tisiología y Neumonología de la Provincia de Buenos Aires (STNBA).
- Javier Saimovici, M.D., an internal medicine physician, works at the Hospital Italiano and InterAmerican Heart Foundation, both in Buenos Aires.